Monday, July 14, 2008

The Remedy for Crappy Earbuds

I didn’t like the earbuds that came with my iPod -- they just wouldn’t stay in my ears.

I bought two more sets of replacement earbuds (different brands), and in one way or another, they sucked, too.

Finally, I found the perfect buds. So perfect, in fact, that I’ve been using my iPod every day, more than ever before, and never enjoyed it so much.

Thank you, V-Moda, for creating your “Vibe Duo” earbuds. The sound quality is superb. I’m talking leaps and bounds ahead of all the other earbuds I owned before. They’re designed with “noise-isolating technology”, the company says, which really and truly does reduce noise from outside your head and allows for deep, delicious bass and getting lost in the music.

And they stay in my ears! They’re unbelievably comfortable. Somebody finally got it right.

Not to mention, they are pretty -- looky!:

Photobucket

Mine are “Red Roxx”, but they also come in chrome and “nero” (black).

And by the way, if you have an iPhone, V-Moda Vibe Duo earbuds are compatible. They have a discreet microphone and a nifty call control button on the y-cable that hangs from your ears. You can answer phone calls quickly and operate music playback features within easy reach.

One suggestion to V-Moda, though. The Vibe Duo could use one minor improvement -- if you would only make the tiny letters “L” and “R” on the earbuds (for “Left” and “Right” ears) a tad easier to see, bigger and brighter. It does take me a few seconds of intense study every time I pick up the earbuds before I can figure out which one goes in which ear!

But finally, I’m getting optimum use out of my iPod -- to and from work, listening to music and recorded books -- my commute is going by in the blink of an eye. The right earbuds can make all the difference, my friends. Thumbs up to the V-Moda Vibe Duo! They sell for about $99.99, and they’re worth it. You’ll never even bother trying another pair.

For more info, visit shop.v-moda.com.

-- KB for Just a Sec